PARK PLAZA PRISON MINISTRY RE-ENTRY PROGRAM
CRITERIA FOR CANDDATES
Under the supervision of and established by the Elders of the Park Church of Christ, an Advisory Board has been appointed to evaluate candidates and to select participants in the Prison Ministry’s Re-Entry Program. The current members of the Advisory Board are: Gary Medley, Scott Blackwell. Ten-y Finch, Randy Milam, Jim Pinkston, Carey Robertson, and Steve Stade.
The following criteria represent guidelines for the Advisory Board to consider when evaluating candidates for participation in the Prison Ministry’s Re-Entry Program:
CANDIDATE GUILTY OF SEX OFFENSE:
Has the Candidate been convicted of a criminal offense requiring registration as a sex offender? If so, what Department of Corrections Level was the offense?
Criteria 1: Diagnosed pedophiles are not candidates for the Re-Entry Program.
Criteria 2: Homosexual offenders are not candidates for the Ré-Enfry Program.
Criteria 3: Heterosexual offenders whose sexual crime was against a victim tnder the age of 14 are not candidates for the Re-Entry Program.
Criteria 4: Heterosexual offenders whose sexual crime was against a victim 14 years of age or older and non-consensual are not candidates for the Re-Entry Program.
Criteria 5: Habitual (repeat offenders) are not candidates for the Re-Entry Program.
Criteria 6: With 3 exceptions, offenders guilty of a DOC Level 3( highest degree) offense are not candidates for the Re-Entry Program. The 3 exceptions are (a) Rape in the First Degree/Rape by Instrumentation; (b) Lewd or Indecent Proposals or Acts to a Child Under 16/Sexual Battery to a Person Over 16; and (c) Kidnapping (if the offense involved sexual abuse or sexual exploitåtion). Offenders who are guilty of one of the exceptions may only be considered for admission to the Re-Entry Program on a case-by-case basis.
Criteria 7: With 1 exception, offenders guilty of a DOC Level 2 (middle degree) offense can be considered for admission to the Re-Enfry Program on a case-by-case basis. The exception is Soliciting Sexual Conduct or Communication with a Minor by use of Technology, which is not an obstacle to a candidate’s admission to the Re-Entry Program.
Criteria 8: With 2 exceptions, DOC Level 1 (lesser degree) offenses do not represent an obstacle to a candidate’s admission to the Re-Entry Program. The exceptions are (a) Child Endangerment (involving sexual abuse of a child) and (b) Crimes Against Nature/Sodomy.
Offenders who are guilty of one of the exceptions may only be considered-for admission to the Re-Entry Program on a case-by-case basis.
Criteria 9: Candidates must be active in Cplebrate Recovery and have completed a Celebrate Recovery Step Study.
Criteria 10: Candidates must display a “Life style” changes
Criteria 11: Candidates must be active in worship and in participating in Bible studies and NLB.
Criteria 12: Candidates must be referred by one or more of the Prison Ministers.
CANDIDATE GUILTY OF VIOLENT OFFENSE:
Has the Candidate been convicted of a criminal offense involving violence?
Criteria 1: Habitual (repeat offenders) are not candidates for the Re-Entry Program.
Criteria 2: Offenders whose conviction occulTed within the last 5 years are not candidates for the Re-Entry Program.
Criteria 3: Offenders in incarceration that have had a write-up within the last 2 years are not candidates for the Re-Entry Program.
Criteria 4: Candidates must be active in Celebrate Recovery (or CASA if Celebrate Recovery is not available) and have completed a Celebrate Recovery Step Study.
Criteria 5: Candidates must display a “life style” change.
Criteria 6: Candidates must be active in worship and in participating in Bible studies and NLB.
Criteria 7: Candidates must be referred by one or more of the Prison-Ministers.
I . I agree that I will make every attempt to find and maintain permanent employment while participating in the Park Plaza Prison Ministry’s Re-entry Program (“the Program”), and accept the input of the Park Plaza Prison Ministry Staff (“Ministry Staff’) in my job search.
- While seeking employment, I agree to present verification of at least five (5) job interviews per week to the Park Plaza Re-entry Director (“Executive Director”).
During times that I am unemployed, I will participate in job search-or perform work assigned to me to be done at the Program each day. Monday thru Friday I will be in the office at 8:00 AM signed in, bathed and groomed ready for work or planning and assignments for the day. I agree that I will not quit my job before discussing it with my Park Plaza Prison Ministry Reentry Program Counselor (“Program Counselor”) and having another job.
I understand that if J do not have transportation to work, the Program will assist with transportation to work. I also understand that there will be a nominal fee per one way trip for each trip when I utilize Program transportation.
I understand that there will be a flat rate charge for any court related out of county transportation.
I agree to present a request for transportation needs to the Program’s office at least 12 Hours before the time transportation is needed.
- I agree that any vehicle that I bring to Program facilities will be property registered in my name and display a current motor tag. A copy of the current registration and title will be provided to the Program.
- I agree that any vehicle that I bring to Program facilities will be maintained in proper running condition and that any cleaning or mechanical work to be performed on any vehicle will be performed in designated areas only.
Financial Management Requirements
l . I agree that my paycheck will be turned into the Program each week and deposited in a trust account in my name until my trust balance reaches $500.00 or more. Should my balance DROP BELOW $10.00 1 will be placed back on Money Management. [NOTE: This is an alternative available to the Program and Participant but is not currently in use.]
I agree to participate with a financial counselor at Program to prepare a financial budget based on my income.
- I agree to accept an amount agreed upon with my financial counselor for personal cash expenditures that will be disbursed once each week.
- J agree that I will not borrow money from other residents or Ministry Staff.
- I understand that these Financial Management Requirements 2 through 4 will remain in effect until such time as the Program determines that I am capable of handling my own financial matters.
- I agree to pay my rent promptly when due. Rent should be mailed and paid by money order to the Executive Director/Program Manager. The rate is $400.00 four hundred dollars a month. This can be paid by the week, which will be $100.00 per week when there are four weeks in the month and $80.00 per week when there are five weeks in the month.
I agree that my living quarters will be kept neat and clean at all times.
- I agree that my living quarters may be inspected at any time without notice by no less than two Ministry Staff members.
3, I agree that if my living quarters are found to be less than neat and clean, I will make the necessary improvements within 24 hours at which time the living quarters will be re-inspected.
- I agree that private cable lines installed in my living quarters will be at my own expense and all cable service will be basic cable only.
- I agree that if I possess a computer in my living quarters that has a modem, the carrier for internet services must be approved by the Program.
- I agree and understand that NO WOMEN OR CHILDREN are allowed in any living quarters at any time—I also understand that family visits mayonly occur- in -the-DayroomGndnust be monitored by Ministry Staff.
- I agree to keep my voice, radio, and television volume at a level that will not disturb my roommate or neighbors.
I agree that all electrical appliances will be presented for inspection and identification before being utilized in my apartment.
I agree that on inspection of my living quarters, any electrical appliance is found which is not tagged as passing inspection, that appliance will be removed from my living quarters and may be retrieved from the office only after it has been inspected.
I agree that any appliance that does not pass electrical inspection will remain in the office to be properly disposed.
I agree that the Program is not responsible for my personal belongings.
I agree that upon leaving the Program, I will take all of my belongings.
I agree that any personal belongings left at the Program’s facilities after my departure will be disposed within 24 hours by the Program.
Medical and/or Psychological
I agree to reveal to the Program any medical and/or psychological problems that J might currently have or that might develop during my participation in the Program.
- In the event that the Program requests such information, I agree to release to the Program any and all of my medical and/or psychological records.
- I agree to participate in any medical and/or psychological program deemed necessary by Ministry Staff.
Alcohol and Drugs
I agree that NO ALCOHOL OR ILLEGAL DRUGS will be used or possessed by me while participating in the Program.
I agree that if any Ministry Staff, at the direction of the Executive Director, requests a Drug/Alcohol test, I will submit to an observed urine specimen immediately and without argument or comment.
I agree that the urine specimen will be collected by authorized Ministry Staff only. Residents with positive I-JAS will be charged $10.00 for the test. There will be no charge for negative I-JAS.
- I agree that Drug/Alcohol testing may be requested on a random and regular basis.
I agree that if I refuse to or falsify a Drug/AIcohol test that the test will be considered positive.
- I agree that any positive Drug/Alcohol test will result in IMMEDIATE ACTION by Ministry Staff to recommend corrective action or removal from the Program.
- I agree that if I am aware of the presence of alcohol and or drugs on the premises of Program facilities, I will immediately notify authorized Ministry Staff.
‘l x I agree that all visitors, with the exception of family, will meet with Participants only in the Common Areas.
2B I agree that all visitors will register at the office before each visit.
3, I agree that if any visitor is deemed inappropriate by authorized Ministry Staff, the visitor will immediately leave the Program’s premises.
Common Areas (Day room, Offices, and Yard)
I agree that all Common Areas are to be kept clean and that I will remove my trash and cigarette butts after each use of a Common Area.
I agree that when entering a Common Area, I will be bathed and dressed appropriately.
I agree that if I am not properly attired and/or maintaining clean hygiene, I will be required to leave the Common Area.
I agree that if at any time it is determined by Ministry Staff that I am not acting in an appropriate manner, I will leave the Common Area without further disturbance.
I agree to participate in an evaluation of my needs to be performed by an assigned Program counselor.
I agree to participate in any program that my counselor deems appropriate to meet my identified
- I agree to participate in Celebrate Recovery on Friday nights at 6:00 pm at Park Plaza Church of Christ.
I agree •to attend at least two worship/Bible services and one designated Bible study per week.
I agree to participate in at least eight (8) hours of community service each month at a location designated by the Program.
- I agree that I will not participate in cursing, vulgar and/or suggestive language or gestures, or rude or negative behaviors.
I agree that I will not wear any article of clothing that displays any vulgar and/or suggestive language or picture, and/or that is vulgar or suggestive in style, and/or that is related to any gang.
I agree that there will be no violence or threats of violence made by me.
- I agree that I will not possess any guns or any illegal weapons while participating in the Program. I agree to protect the privacy of each Participant in the Program. I agree that anything that is said in any meeting will be kept in strictest confidence and will not be discussed with anyone other than Ministry Staff.
I agree to abide by a 10 pm-6 am weekday and 11 pm-6am weekend curfew excluding approved church meetings and approved recovery/support meetings. If I anticipate being late, I agree to call the Program Manager immediately. If the Program Manager is unavailable, I agree to leave a message and wait for approval.
I agree to stay at the Park Plaza Re-Entry Program residence during each night of my participation in the Program. I agree to notify the Program Manager at least 24 hours prior to and obtain approval for any overnight offsite visits.